top of page
Google Maps | Kennedy Street, Glasgow, UK
Britannia Pottery was purpose built for export... (just saying)
The Britannia Pottery was another giant in the history of Glasgow’s potteries. It was specifically built for the export industry by Robert Cochran in 1857, supplying both American and Canadian markets. The pottery initially produced white granite ware which was exceptionally strong and able to withstand travel across the vast American prairies and over the Rocky mountains.
bottom of page